A selection of my all-time favourite dishes, and your favourites - ones that our previous guests have raved about most. All homemade, wholesome and cooked with a genuine love of the food. I hope you’ll find some new favourites here too!
The dishes come mezze style, placed on the table as they’re ready and passed around the table to share.
Welcome drink: Mint and Lime Mocktail
• Baba Ganouj - smoked aubergine and tahini dip with lemon and garlic;
• Lamb Liver strips with Cumin, Lemon and Chilli marinade, quick fried and very tender (a Sudanese dish)
• My homemade Arabic flatbreads with caraway .
• Imam Bayildi - aubergine halves piled with a rich tomatoey, herby, spicey filling with minced lamb (or veggie if required) and topped with a nutty breadcrumb crust. The name literally means “the Imam fainted” - at the taste of it, because it’s so delicious!
• Lemon and Paprika Roast Baby Potatoes;
• Arabic salad - a juicy mix of tomato, cucumber, red onion, parsley, mint, and more.
• Mish - a spicy yoghurt dip with green chilli, kalonji seeds and lemon.
• Caramelised Pineapple chunks in Butter, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar, served with honey-swirled creamy yoghurt.
Coffee, Tea, Mint Tea, served with my famous melt-in-the-mouth Walnut Cookies.
NB The menu is subject to slight changes. Let me know in advance if you have a special dietary requirement, allergy, or request.
Soft drinks included, welcome to bring your own wine/beer.