Join us for a day in the woods celebrating wild venison.
Learn how to skin and butcher a whole deer in a relaxed and informative environment surrounded by the crackle and pop of fires. From here you will learn how to turn each of the carefully butchered venison cuts into a feast over fire which we will graze on throughout the day.
THE COURSE COVERS:
- The benefits of eating venison and the effect it has on the environment.
- How to skin and butcher a deer into primal cuts and further seam butchery.
- Using the whole animal from nose to tail and showing you how to reduce waste getting the most from the animal.
- A veritable meat feast cooked throughout the day and a chance to try lots of cooking techniques!
- These will range from grilled cutlets w/ cobnut romesco, seared liver w/ cherry plum hot sauce, glazed venison flatbreads to hot smoked tenderloin with nettle tempura and pink pickled onions.
- Cooking and knife skills which can easily be translated into your day to day cooking at home.
- Fire lighting and management for extended cooking periods.
Tea/coffee & refreshments throughout the day
3 course lunch
E-mail recipe pack
All ingredients, equipment and apron will be provided.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
From the competent cook to the nervous novice everybody is welcome on the our venison butchery and cookery day. Competent knife skills and an understanding of basic cookery are an added bonus but not essential as we will cover this throughout the workshop.
We will have limited capability to cater for dietary requirements without advance warning, due to the nature of the event, so please let us know about anything relevant prior to booking your tickets.
As with all of our courses we will be outside for the duration of the day (unless there is a weather warning where we have the option to run the class indoors).
Please dress and pack clothing for all weather as we all know that the English weather can throw every season at us within the hour! Sturdy boots or closed toe shoes are advised, as are waterproofs and extra layers just in-case.
We reserve the right to turn people away if we feel they are not dressed appropriately for a day in the outdoors.
You will be required to walk 10 minutes (with a little bit uphill) through the woods to get to our cookery school.
The course content is subject to change.
Full refunds available up to 7 days prior to the event.
Instructions on how to find us and where to park, will be sent to you up to 48 hours prior to the event.
Please note that toilet facilities are located a 5 minute walk away.
Supper Club | Pop Up | Food Near Me | Supper Club in Surrey | Butchery | The Salt Box