Gather round the kitchen table for a heartwarming Sudanese-style meal, my own twists on traditional family recipes.
This is North African food -it varies from rich tasty stews to zingy fresh salads, aromatic middle eastern spices alongside more rustic African cooking. Hot chilli is optional.
Food is usually set out in dishes on the table for everyone to pass round and help themselves, family style. So come and enjoy good company, have fun and leave feeling full!
Welcome drink : Karkadi (a sweet hibiscus flower infusion)
• Mish (a spicy feta and yoghurt dip with green chilli and yoghurt)
• Peanut Butter Tomato Salad with lime, uniquely Sudanese, and there’s never any left over!
• Ghurasa Pancakes and Arabic Breads
• Lamb Bamiya - a rich, tasty stew of lamb neck (on the bone) with baby okra, tomato, onion and warm spices.
• Cardamom Rice, made with ghee and topped with fried onions and toasted almonds;
• Roast beetroot salad with a tangy lime dressing.
• Taheena - a smooth dip/sauce made from sesame seed paste with garlic and lemon.
• Orange and cardamom syrup cake served with orange flower cream and pistachios.
• Sudanese style cinnamon tea (or other teas and coffees)
• Walnut Biscuits - they’re melt in the mouth delicious, hope you’re not too full to eat them!
Soft drinks, sparkling water etc are provided.
Bring Your Own wine / alcoholic drinks.
NB allergens including nuts, sesame, dairy, wheat cannot be avoided for this menu. However vegetarian or halal can be catered for if you let me know in advance.