Gather round the kitchen table for a heartwarming Sudanese-style meal, my own twists on traditional family recipes.
This is North African food -it varies from rich tasty stews to zingy fresh salads, aromatic middle eastern spices alongside more rustic African cooking. Hot chilli is optional.
Food is usually set out in dishes on the table for everyone to pass round and help themselves, family style. So come and enjoy good company, have fun and leave feeling full!
• Red Pepper and Aubergine Warm Salad - stir fried strips with onion, chilli and cumin.
• Mish - a slightly spicy, feta and yoghurt dip
• Arabic Breads
• Lamb Rijla - a rich, hearty stew of lamb with red lentils, spinach, and warm spices.
• Rice, made with cardamoms, ghee and topped with fried onions and toasted almonds.
• Arabic salad with fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds
• Tomato and peanut salsa - a very Sudanese combo of peanut butter, lime and tomatoes.
• Om Ali - a heavenly, sweet milky dessert made with pastry and nuts.
• Sudanese style cinnamon tea (or other teas and coffees)
• Served with homemade biscuits or aniseed rusks, if you’re not too full already!
Soft drinks and sparkling water are provided.
Bring Your Own wine / alcoholic drinks.
NB allergens including nuts, sesame, dairy, wheat cannot be avoided for this menu. However vegetarian or halal can be catered for if you let me know in advance.
Hello Sanna, Thankyou for your interest, I’m glad you like the page! The meat is always from local butchers, either halal or regular, and will certainly be halal if requested. That’s no problem.
At the dinners we don’t do any cooking teaching, but I usually talk about the food and am happy to share my recipes.
I am planning to start doing some Friday “Cook and Eat” lunch sessions for 2-3 people to come and learn recipes together. Might you be interested in that?
Sorry not sure if an earlier message reached you as accidentally pressed the wrong button. I am attending your dinner on the 11th Jan but am interested in attending other evenings as your menus look great. I have booked 11th Jan through meetup as interested in meeting new people however is it OK to invite friends and family places allowing on other evenings you host? David