An adventurous feast of beautifully presented, colourful and healthy, Middle Eastern/North African dishes. It’s my favourite type of food to prepare and to eat! It’s also a vitamin-rich boost to help you through the winter days. There will be 7 dishes on the menu, all served mezze style to share; that’s before a dessert and after dinner biscuits. I promise you won’t leave hungry!
To start with:
• Pink-pickled vegetables;
• Cheese Bourak - filo parcels with feta cheese, mint and pine nut filling;
• My specialty Hummus made with sun dried tomato;
• Muhammara - a delicious mixture of roasted red pepper blended with walnuts and pomegranate molasses.
• Arabic breads
• Mahshi - traditional vegetables stuffed with citrusy rice, sumac, barberries and herbs, and steamed over broth.
• Fuul Medamas - Egyptian-style stewed fava beans with white cheese garnish,
• Jewelled Cous Cous Salad, with pretty pomegranate, peppers, peas, herbs and seeds.
• Grilled Harissa Aubergine slices with a mint-yoghurt dressing.
• Chocolate Tahini Brownie with honey-whipped cream.
• Fresh Mint Tea, tea/coffee and
Homemade biscuits (to eat or take home!)
Sparkling water and cordials provided. Bring your own wine / beer etc
Allergens including nuts and sesame cannot be safely avoided for this menu; many of the dishes are vegan and/or gluten free, but let me know if you have a dietary requirement and I will make alterations where possible.
Menu subject to slight changes - so let me know in advance if there’s something you specially do/don’t like!